Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

For Rex Deal.... ISO 6400 on the D7000

kwb49

East Liverpool, Ohio, US
1474 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
kwb49 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Dec 2007
Sun 30-Sep-12 04:03 PM | edited Sun 30-Sep-12 04:05 PM by kwb49

It was senior day/night for the Fighting Beavers/Lady Beavers at the school I shoot at. The soccer field has no lights. The girls game was played at 5pm and the boys at 7pm. Senior festivities were held in between the games. The opposing teams were the biggest rivals in the county the Potters. Both home teams (The Beavers, in red and white)came out winners, the girls 2-0 and the boys 3-2.

They brought in portable lighting for the boys game. Noisy, stinky, very poor light output, uneven coverage and dark end zones. Dark on both sides of course. Four lights on either side with four bulbs on each light stand. Not very high in the air. Ten minutes into the game, a bluish gray haze started to consume the field as the exhaust from the lighting generators mixed with the heavy moist air (it has rained here off and on all week).

The first 4 pics are straight out of camera except for downsizing for here. The others are cropped, corrected and sharpened. You can see by the third pic in the OOC shots all the higher the lights were. The game was played a lot at mid-field and the pics shot there are pretty much junk. The shots toward the goal, some are not bad as the players were in a "sweet spot" between the lights. I had thought about going behind the end line, but it was really dark there and I did not want to step in a hole and end up on the ground. You are not really allowed to shoot from the ends, but I have only every been stopped from doing that one time. Turning the flash on made it worse from the reflection into the haze. The first pic is at ISO 6400, 1/400, F2.8. The second is ISO 6400, 1/400, f3.2. The third is ISO 5000, 1/320, f3.5. All set in Manual Mode with Auto WB. The lens was the 80-200mm f2.8.

These were shot loose purposely to show the high ISO effects and the crop-ability (is that a word) of the D7000. Not quite as good as the newer full frame cameras, but respectable. The only noise reduction used is what came in my Elements 8 set at setting 8.

Keith

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)
Attachment#4 (jpg file)