Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Women's volleyball: Butte College cleans up in their own tournament

Bob32

Chico, US
5864 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bob32 Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Jul 2007
Thu 27-Sep-12 05:06 AM

I have finally gotten around to editing the photos I took of the second volleyball match at Butte College during the tournament held there on September 19. The contest was between Butte College and Ohlone College. The Roadrunners defeated Ohlone 3-0 after dispatching Hartnell College by the same score earlier in the day. At the conclusion of the the Butte victories another volleyball contest between Hartnell College and Lassen College was still being played in the same gym. The game was nearly complete, but I stopped by and took some shots in the few minutes remaining.

All images were shot with D700 + 80-200 f/2.8. Exposure was manually set at 1/500 and f/4 at ISO 8000.

Feel free to comment.

Bob

1. I didn't generate many keepers in the match with Ohlone, so I'm posting just this one and #2 from that contest.

Click on image to view larger version

3. This photo and #4 are from the Hartnell/Lassen match. I have the impression that Chris (Aqualung) favors this type of volleyball shot, so I'm posting them as a return favor for the two-feet-off-the-ground shots he has posted in the past for my benefit.

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)
Attachment#4 (jpg file)

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Women's volleyball: Butte College cleans up in thei...

G