Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

College volleyball tournament: Roadrunners vs. Black Panthers

Bob32

Chico, US
5856 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bob32 Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Jul 2007
Fri 21-Sep-12 07:19 AM

The volleyball season is in full swing around here, and I've been very busy keeping up with it all. I typically shoot volleyball games at the two main high schools and one state university in town and at a nearby community college. During the season I also usually shoot an occasional volleyball game at two or three other high schools in the area. It's a good thing that I'm retired and have the time to spend in this fun endeavor. It also helps that I don't have a spouse cramping my style by reminding me of all the honey-do jobs that I haven't gotten around to yet because of all the time I spend photographing sports events! However, my understanding lady friend occasionally reminds me that I might be overdoing it at times!

Yesterday's fun adventure took me to nearby Butte College for a volleyball tournament where the home team and three other teams from other areas of the state were competing. I shot the two matches between Butte College and opponents. The accompanying photos are from the contest between the Butte College Roadrunners (white jerseys) and the Hartnell College Black Panthers from Salinas, California. Butte won the match 3-0.

I used my favorite volleyball rig: D700 + 80-200 f/2.8. Exposure was manually set at 1/500 and f/4 at ISO 8000.

Comments are welcome.

Bob

1. I shot more gigs than usual in this match. This is the first of three pictured here.

Click on image to view larger version

2. Love those spikes!

3. I liked this gig although player #7 seems to be bored by it all.

4. Setter #12 was very busy throughout the match. Note the humorous roadrunner sign in the background.

5. More action at the net.

6. The third gig shot.

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)
Attachment#4 (jpg file)
Attachment#5 (jpg file)
Attachment#6 (jpg file)

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: College volleyball tournament: Roadrunners vs. Blac...

G