Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

re racing & F801s

alexx

2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
alexx Basic Member
Wed 13-Sep-00 11:19 AM

OK, let me put it this way...
As I already said I'm shooting with Tamron 80-210 AF and Tamron AF x2 converter. The problem is slow autofocus. While trying to catch a car or a bike on fast race track, most of the time standing very near the fance- or track, AF is just going on and on ... I have to point it on a piece of engine(bike) or some sticker(car) and then to follow with camera. Otherwise is no way to get a sharp and clear picture. If I point on a track while waiting for bikes(cars) to come and try to focus it.. its over. Then I have to focus it manualy very quick. I'm talking about begin distance 50-100 meter. Film is Fuji HG 1600 with 1/500 or 1/1000.
And something else, the objects that fit in to the diameter of the lens are allways much smaller on the photo. Is there some rule to calculate or something..!??
Anyway, I stil dont have $ for F100 or F5 so I have to go on with my lovely f801s. If I can't make a nice pics with my gear.. there is no other gear that can help me. At least I'm onest.

Thanx for u'r time...

alexx

G