Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Question regarding shooting off road truck races up close

visualfx

7 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
visualfx Basic Member
Sat 19-Aug-00 10:34 PM

Hey
Not sure if I am in the right area but I am new to this site. Anyways I need some advice on shooting techniques for some off road truck races. I have a Nikon N70 with a Sigma 28-200 Lens. I am new to the "professional" side of photography. I took pictures of our last race up in Bark River, Michigan. I was using 400 speed film and had it on "Sports Mode". All the pictures turned out except for the ones where the trucks were jumping say, 10 feet from me. The backgrounds were nice and clear, but the trucks were all blurry. Would using 800 speed flim correct that? Or do I have to do something different? Or do I need a different lens? Again sorry for the stupid question but I'm new and I dont have much time to read the manual and I dont want to let my team down by taking crappy pictures.

Subject
ID
Reply message Sigma lens and ISO speed
Reply message RE: Sigma lens and ISO speed
Reply message RE: Question regarding shooting off road truck races up...

G