Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

swim meet sharpness issues

bobpilot

Washington, US
3834 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bobpilot Silver Member Nikonian since 08th May 2007
Wed 16-Jan-08 01:40 PM

It was after 1800 and overcast, was it the ISO at 320 that caused this photo to not be as sharp as I had hoped?

If I keep the ISO at 100, which I prefer, and use exposure compensation, what changes, shutter speed or aperture? I guess what I'm asking is how exposure compensation works.

If I use exposure compensation, does the meter in the viewfinder reflect the compensation or is this a trial and error procedure?

Also, I've been asked by a friend of mine to take photos at the dive meet he is organizing; it's tomorrow at the same time as this photo was taken. I told him I'm a beginner in photography; if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. (I have considered skipping town and hiding, but I told him I'd do it)

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: swim meet sharpness issues

G