Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Youth Sports

kab

Cookeville, US
7 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
kab Basic Member
Thu 12-Dec-02 06:58 PM

I'm considering starting a side business for myself of taking photos at youth sporting events and selling the pictures to parents and families. I would like to do this digitally so that the parents can see what I've shot and choose what they want right there and then I can go and print them off. Which D-SLR would be the best? D1X? D1H? D100? I would prefer the D1H due to it's speed..but would like to be able to print up to 8x10 decently, will the 2.74MP pics look ok printed that large? How is the D100 with sports? Right now I've got a 80-200 f/2.8 ED IF (non-afs, two touch version), looking at the 300mm afs f/4 and maybe some TC's. Could the D100 provide the speed required for capturing dynamic photos? Have played with it at a local camera store and seemed fast..but that was without action. Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Kevin

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Youth Sports

G