Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

John Shaw and Nikon

jrp

San Pedro Garza García, MX
38680 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter Member
Sun 16-Jul-00 04:02 PM

Mr. John Shaw has been hailed by American Photographer magazine as "one of the best nature photographers around". He publishes with certain regularity all over the place, but the images I found as most strikingly beautiful I've seen at the Audubon and National Wildlife magazines.
I just purchased his "The Nature Photographer's Complete Guide to Professional Field Techniques" -before we could recommend it in the Bookshelves- and found in the back cover this picture of him with a Nikon. I thought you might find interesting -although not surprising- his use of a Nikon in the exercise of his trade, where he cannot leave anything to chance. Although I cannot fully identify the camera, it looks to me like an F3.

Have a great time
JRP
My profile
Previous photography stuff, before Nikonians and Bo Stahlbrandt:
A Brief Love Story

Have a great time :-)
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Mainly at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story
Please join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members who help this happen; upgrade.
Check our workshops at the Nikonians Academy and the Nikonians Photo Pro Shop

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: John Shaw and Nikon