Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

real estate photography

squirrel

US
12 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
squirrel Registered since 28th May 2004
Wed 08-Sep-04 09:56 PM

This subforum seems the proper place to seek answers about real estate photography.

back story:
I have an opportunity to capture my first paying photography/media freelance job in the next few months. A friend of mine works for a luxury home builder that wants to produce a DVD with images (maybe even QTVR) shots of their model homes. Another company made a product which was essentially a glorified slide show on DVD + some music. There is some quality photography in the product, but the customer/home builder is not satisfied (the price was tough for them to swallow too). If I can produce something on par (hopefully much better) and under bid this company I have the go-ahead to work on this.

question:
If I get the nod to go ahead and produce this DVD, I'll have some photography to do, architectural/interior/exterior etc... do you, fellow nikonians have any suggestions/techniques/tips for capturing the essence of a house from the inside and outside? My main concern is properly illuminating an interior and possibly night shots of the exterior lit by small spot lights mounted in the lawns.

Some of the books in the 'recommended reading' section look decent, but a tad esoteric for this project. I'm looking for practical real world guidance. I feel like I have a good eye and can make this happen.

Feel free to also suggest equipment that I might need. I have a basic D70 setup (18-70 kit lens, uv filter, sb-800 speedlight). I know for sure I'm picking up a tripod soon (not sure about the pod, but definitely a Markins M10 Q-Ball head).

MMN
-nikonian Wash. DC/Metro

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: real estate photography