Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

good opportunity, need some guidance

bobpilot

Washington, US
3842 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bobpilot Silver Member Nikonian since 08th May 2007
Fri 17-Aug-12 09:26 PM

I met the man with the key; he is going to let me photograph the rooms in a building that is not open to the public; I viewed the rooms today, large, dark wood, dark paintings, natural light from windows. White balance will be an issue and don't have a gray card with me. Might be able to buy one tomorrow. Should I shoot in 'shade' mode and adjust later or in 'Auto' and adjust? I don't think I will have time for a custom white balance. The man is taking his time for this.

Should I photograph from waist high, chest high, or higher? Shoot from the corners? I will be there at about 0700, or before. Still the windows will be overexposed, any ideas for this?

I will have a tripod, two cameras and a 28-70 and a 14-24. I will also have a 70-200 for the shots from the tower of the town. I also have a 105 macro, but don't see any use for this on this project. I also have a strobe, but I don't see a need for it, and because of the size of the room, it would not work well, and just too much hassle to use in the time span allowed.

Interior architecture photography is not one of my skill sets;

So, what are your thoughts on set up and lens choice?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: good opportunity, need some guidance

G