Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

The Building of a Church: Photo Journal Question

JKFuller

Wake Forest, US
169 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
JKFuller Registered since 21st Mar 2012
Tue 27-Mar-12 04:10 PM

Hello All,
I absolutely love and I am inspired by all the wonderful architectural photos in the forum… especially the churches around the world. I am so inspired that I am thinking of starting a new project to journal the building of our new church.

I am a beginner photographer with a D5100, 18-55mm kit lens and I will be purchasing either a 55-300 or a 70-300mm lens. The building of our new church should start later this spring (2012) and take around 2 years (my guess).

A couple of questions if I may:
1) Have any of you ever undertaken such a project?
2) If so, any thoughts/recommendations?
3) Can you recommend any resources… books, articles… for a beginner undertaking such a project?
4) Maybe I should have started with this question: Am I crazy for even thinking about taking on such an ambitious project for a beginner ?

The final product would be for me and some friends in our parish… nothing professional.

Thanks,
Regards,
Joseph

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: The Building of a Church: Photo Journal Question

G