Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Cwmorthin Slate Works, Snowdonia, Wales UK

richardd300

Dyserth, UK
4559 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009
Tue 11-Jun-13 07:38 AM | edited Tue 11-Jun-13 07:39 AM by richardd300

A recent trip to Cwmorthin, Gwynedd. The Slate mines were started in 1800 and ran in some way or another until the early 1990's. It is extremely remote set in the heart of Snowdonia. Men working the quarry lived in the Barracks and some walked from their homes up to 20 miles away and lived in the barracks. If we think life is hard, think again! I have since converted these to Monochrome and also took Ilford B&W film too. Camera clubs have flocked to this location for many years and sadly the Barracks 15 years ago had 4 chimney's now only one remains!

All taken with my D800.

Richard

The Barracks. Nikon 16-35mm - 1/200@f14 - ISO200 - EV = -1.33 - Tripod mounted

Click on image to view larger version

The Chapel. Nikon 24-70mm f2.8 - 1/160@f16 - ISO200 - EV -0.33 - Handheld

The Lake. Nikon 16-35mm - 1/60@f14 (Bracketed image) ISO200 - EV -1.67 - Tripod and remote release.

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

G