Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Wordsworth would have loved this place

jtmcg

Simsbury, US
4986 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jtmcg Moderator Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Awarded for his high level skills, specially in Wildlife, Macro & Landscape Photography Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 22nd Mar 2007
Tue 30-Apr-13 07:27 PM

I posted images from this place a couple of years ago. Went back yesterday. Remy and Virginia Morosani planted 10,000 daffodil bulbs in 1941. Then each year as the bulbs multiplied they'd dig them up, separate them and replant them in new locations in the fall. There's a large rock engraved with their names and the Wordsworth poem on a hill overlooking the property.

So a couple of new images from yesterday. Sky was overcast so I shot a 3 frame HDR to bring out some texture in the sky. Then I added fog using Nik Color Efex Pro Graduated Fog filter. Not sure which version i prefer but leaning toward the non-fog version.

John

1. D800, 70-200 f/4 at 70mm, 3 frame HDR, f/11, tripod

Click on image to view larger version

2. Same as 1 with added filter

3. D800, 14-24 @22mm, 1/180s, f/11, ISO 400, tripod (It was breezy so I upped the ISO so I could use a faster ss)

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Wordsworth would have loved this place