Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D 800 after sundown, Pacific Coast Ridge Line

Robman3

West of Santa Monica, US
1842 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Robman3 Registered since 12th Apr 2010
Mon 18-Feb-13 08:48 AM | edited Mon 18-Feb-13 10:53 PM by Robman3

The shot looking for a back light.

There was a slight breeze, what pink did arrive was lost when my associate was schooling me on Kelvin (noted in the other thread).

Pulled up from dark with CNX2 and NIK.

I believe this is a species of California Mountain Lilac, the woody type, not very fragrant but right now covering the range tops and canyons as one drives across from the 101 to PCH.

It will rain this week, my next shot at it for pink, hopefully with water beaded up.

This is one way to tell seasons in CA, besides the sand on the beaches, and Sycamore trees barren, willows etc. It blossoms around February. The entire range, burned out in the late 90s, and chaparral is dominant.

RM

D800, 24-70 f/2.8, 62mm, Manual Focus, AF single, f/8, 1/50th, Manual Exposure, 0EV, Center Weighted, Auto ISO 900, (should have been manual), White Balance Auto, Picture Control Neutral, RRS BH, Manfrotto Tripod, Mirror Up.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D 800 after sundown, Pacific Coast Ridge Line