Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Zoo Shooting

Mon 24-Dec-01 07:24 PM

Hi, I'm looking for tips about shooting at the Zoo, like shooting through Zoo Glass. Is it worth it? How close should you be? How do you get rid of reflections without loosing light with a polarizer? Flash tricks, to avoid bounceback? Do you take some windex with you? Some of the glass is tinted green is there a way to correct for that color or will it even be noticable? What about shooting into reptile cages, terrariums and aquariums, any special advice?

What about wire cages. Do you just get close enough with a telephoto and shoot through it with a narrow depth of field? I've been using a tripod? Any advantages to usig a monopod?

Anybody out there who does a lot of this, I'd love to know what lenses you use, why? What film you use and why? Has anybody out there used a Flash Extender, what brand? Did you like it?

I've been two days now and I think I'm going to learn a lot. There are a lot of problems to solve which is why I think it's such a great learning experience.

Thanks in advance, by the way if there's a tip you know about Zoo shooting and I didn't ask the question please consider it asked, I'd like to know anything that you are willing to share.

G