Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Some geese

drjimbob

Bowie, US
15520 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
drjimbob Team Member Awarded In Memoriam for  sharing countless hours of his expertise no matter how simple or complex the question, and especially for his eternal good nature. Charter Member
Wed 16-Jan-08 01:24 PM

Hello -

I posted a couple of these in the "waterfowl" thread over in the "a picture I took" forum, but I thought I'd see if I could get some feedback from the experts over here.

Little public park pond, Bowie, MD around sunset
F100, Quantaray 70-300mm f4-5.6 @300mm with a Quantaray 2X extender, no filter
All pictures either 1/125 or 1/250 and f/5.6
Fujicolor Superia 400

#1 - I wanted to pretty much fill the frame, but would this have been better if I'd had a complete reflection of the goose in the water? I don't know if I could have composed any differently anyway, as I was using manual focus and following the goose with my tripod mount as it slowly swam toward shore.

#2 - Do any of you photographer/natuarlists know what's wrong with this goose? For the 30 minutes or so I was at the pond, this goose's tongue was hanging out. I'm assuming the goose had injured his (her?) tongue somehow. Is that a good guess, or is this normal goose behavior?

A note about the scan - on the original print, you can nicely see the water droplets on the goose's breast. The scan lost quite a bit of the sharpness of the original.

Happy Shooting!! Bob T

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)

A BAD DAY BEHIND A NIKON BEATS A GOOD DAY BEHIND A DESK - Bob Tomerlin
My Nikonians Gallery

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Some geese