Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Who Remembers

dda53

Pasadena, US
387 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dda53 Registered since 31st Oct 2008
Wed 22-Jan-14 10:41 PM

I remember laying there all alone. No other person anywhere close by. The cold wet soaking through my clothes. But why? I remember choosing not to wear my waders – what was I thinking! I thought the weather was mild and it would be ok. Oh yes, I remember laying in the muck. My elbows, knees and boot toes sinking in the soft mucky muck water. I remember looking back to see the crack of dawn as I felt the crisp cool morning in my bones.

As I refocused my attention I remember the ever changing colors. It was happening much too fast. But that is usually the case. Every minute that passed not taking a picture was lost in time. I was ready and waiting for a loner to step away from the pack. Then it happen, a brave one moves forward into the open and presents the opportunity. I remember when it became isolated and at the mercy of my camera as the shutter fired multiple times. Capturing the light. As usual, the difficult moments turn to awarding memories.

Nikon D4, 500mm +1.4tc, f/5.6, 1/500, ISO 1000

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Who Remembers