Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge

Ned_L

Philadelphia, US
8049 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography Charter Member
Fri 08-Mar-13 05:38 AM

Hi All,

If any of you are in the Greater Philadelphia, PA, USA region on Saturday, March 16th, the Friends of John Heinz National Wildlife
Refuge Photo Group are sponsoring a "Wildlife Photo Walk" on that date, which they have asked me to lead. It's free and open to the general public.

The Heinz Refuge is the only USFWS National Wildlife Refuge I know of, located in a major US city. The Refuge has both a freshwater impoundment pond and tidal marsh, as well as a tidal creek supplying the marsh. It also has considerable woods area too.

I have no idea what we're going to see as I've been traveling and haven't been at the Refuge in several weeks, so I don't know what's been sighted recently.

The Walk will start promptly from the Visitor Center at 9am and last from 2.5-3.5 hours if you're interested in attending. It's an easy walk physically on all flat land. The Refuge is located in southwest Philadelphia, beside I95 and the Philadelphia International Airport.

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

-----------------------------
Visit my Travel Photography Blog and my Galleries.

G