Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

White Balance - Fuji S1

justinb

Wichita, US
134 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
justinb Basic Member
Fri 27-Dec-02 02:32 AM

Hello all,

Hope the holidays were good for everyone.

I have one more question for the digital gurus in our midst. Does anyone have any tips or secrets regarding white balance? I have noticed a couple of problem areas in the pictures I have taken.

First, indoor flash pictures have a tendency toward a reddish cast when set to auto WB and a tendency towards green when set to the incandescent WB. Setting a custom WB per Fuji's manual decreases this to a certain degree, but does not eliminate it.

Second, when shooting in foggy, cloudy or snow conditions, I get a very strong blue cast when shooting in either auto or cloudy WB. Again, setting a custom WB corrects most photos at least partially, but the cast is still noticable in most and strong in some.

Any tips from people who have found ways around this would be much appreciated. I know that with Nikon bodies, you can set corrections to the preset options, but this is not available with the Fuji (except for being able to do a custom setting, which probably uses the same sensors and software as the Auto WB).

Thanks in advance,
Justin

G