Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

If you send a camera to Fuji NJ- follow up on it!

Tim

Cary, US
29 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Tim Registered since 22nd Sep 2002
Mon 03-Feb-03 09:07 PM

I sent my failed S2 to Fuji in NJ and a week later I called to follow up. I found I should have called the day it was delivered!

They are now looking for the person that signed for it, to determine it's whereabouts. It will then begin the repair process for a possible 2 weeks or more.

Cameras on the recall list are turned around in 3 days, while cameras like mine, which have the same failure, but are not on the published list can take 2 to 3 weeks.

I have also heard that they will return your camera via ground shipping, with no advance warning that it is enroute. You must make alternate arrangements if that is unacceptable.

Regards,

Tim

People who do not form their own opinion based on their own experience are doomed to repeat the bad experiences of others.

G