Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

S2 V's D70 Initial impressions.

jules

UK
967 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jules Basic Member
Thu 25-Mar-04 06:42 PM

Not being a rockafeller type and being able to afford to subscribe to this site i can't post pictures which is a shame. I now own both of the above and am finding that the D70 image quality compares very favourbly with the S2 possibly even better? Anyone out there got these two and able to do a real world comparison which can be posted and discussed? The D70 does indeed hold more highlight detail as promised, kinda like shooting print as opposed to the S2's slide. Not sure if it's the chip or the lovely RGB meter, they also seem to have nailed the white balance down at last. One real good thing is the focus speed it fairly zips my 80-400mm VR around almost F100 style!The lack of shutter lag is very nice too, Don't get me wrong i still love my S2 so i put the 18-70MM on it and it's transformed the focus abilty of that camera i'm in love again with two black beauties!!!
Cheers jules.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: S2 V's D70 Initial impressions.
Reply message My Impressions of D2H, D70, and S2 Pro
Reply message RE: My Impressions of D2H, D70, and S2 Pro

G