Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Sell d70 & buy s3? should I?

DPMOTO359

190 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
DPMOTO359 Basic Member
Fri 11-Nov-05 06:20 PM

I need input. I have a d2x a d2hs & my backup camera is my d70 which hardly gets used at all. I mostly shoot 2 different events-Portraits in studio & on loaction & high school sporting events. I use the d2x for the portrait woork & the d2hs for the sports. I have the d70 as a backup & I take it with me for family events (it has the built in flash)I wasthinking of selling it now that the price was reduced on the s3 to $1999 & I also get a $400 kit if i buy before Nov 30.
My logic behind it is that right now the d70 isnt really used at all only now & again but if I had the s3 as a back up I think because of the extended DR I would find myself using it more. Now I know its slow as hell but it seems to take great pictures & has great skin tones even in jpeg (I almost always shoot in raw but on my d70 for family snapshots or on vacation I shoot in jpeg & get the shots printed at a local store kiosk)so whatya think? is it worth it will I like it anyone have one?

G