Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Is Hasselblad OVERRATED, OVERPRICED?

spguyer

Brooklyn, US
961 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
spguyer Basic Member
Sat 23-Nov-02 08:24 AM

My question comes about as a result of the quality advancements in the medium format market by Hasselblad's competitors.

Hasselblad definitely has some photographic heavy-hitters promoting its equipment.

And not only does Hasselblad have a quality reputation, but it has a pricetag to match.

Is the quality difference enough to warrant such a large difference in price?

I have only shot with a MAMIYA 645 1000s, so my opinion is based only on one brand.

I've seen the results of both Hasselblad and Mamiya cameras; and in the hands of good photographers, I can discern very little difference between the performance of the two cameras and the quality of their respective images.

Steve

As a side note, it seems that fine camera manufacturers and watchmakers have something in common: the best ones are either East-Asian or North European.

Don't just take pictures. Earn them.

www.steveguyer.com
www.steveguyer.blogspot.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Is Hasselblad OVERRATED, OVERPRICED?

G