Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Wanna recommend the S5 to all wedding photographers.

amitsharma

Kralovo Pole, CZ
124 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
amitsharma Registered since 16th Jul 2004
Sun 22-Apr-07 07:31 AM

Yesterday I shot my first wedding with the S5 pro and I cant tell you how happy I am with the results. If you shoot weddings or people portraits, just go and get one for yourself. Thats how good this camera is. I was shooting with the largest JPG files the camera can produce and I never ran out of the so called slow buffer this camera is supposed to have. I think the only people who should stay away from this camera are sports shooters or the one who worship the RAW format.
Why would you otherwise worry about the RAW if your JPGs are pin point accurate right out of the camera? It reminds me of the days when I used to shoot film and then the rest was done at the lab.
I honestly feel that now my D2X will never get to shoot another wedding. I say so because I cant imagine shooting a whole wedding without any flash with my D2X. I did so yesterday with the Fuji S5 + 17-50 F2.8 Tamron lens and the results are absolutely stunning!

In digtal two things are more important the anything else. White balance and the exposure. This camera gets them both right everytime!
Autofocus is typical D200, which is more than sufficient for a wedding. High ISO performance is something that no other camera can compete with this one except the Canon EOS 5 coming in at second place with its problems with the corner performance.
I still dont understand if this camera has 6 or 12 MP, but to be honest I dont care anymore. Pixels-shmixels, it has them enough for wedding and portrait work. I think printing 20X30 size prints shouldnt be a problem with this camera, only you might end up doing so with no post processing at all!
Only little gripe was that the camera uses much more battery life than the D2X. I remember that I shot a wedding with my D2X, didnt touch the camera for a month and then went to shoot another wedding forgetting to charge the battery. There was still some charge left on the battery when I came back from the wedding. This will never happen with the Fuji NP-150. I think its the same on D200, its basically the same battery with Fuji inscription.
So if you are a wedding photographer who doesnt shoot weddings in bursts like a sports maniac, then buy a Fuji S5 pro + extra battery + MB D200. I can guarantee you, you wont touch another camera for a very long time.

Amit Sharma
www.amit-sharma.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Wanna recommend the S5 to all wedding photographers
          Reply message ...thank you Amit!
               Reply message RE: ...thank you Amit!
                                                  Reply message ...thanks!
                                                  Reply message RE: ...thanks!

G