Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Classic dilemma : D200 or S5??

f80_neel

97 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
f80_neel Registered since 18th Nov 2005
Thu 10-May-07 07:08 AM

Hi all....I have gone through some of the posts about the Fuji S5 Pro.Some really informative and wonderful posts for sure.I have fairly concluded that S5 is best for wedding and potraits.Correct me if I am wrong.

Well the reason why I am writing this is am in middle of a dilemma. I was using D70 as well as a F80 for a long time. I decided to upgrade my DSLR and froze on the D200, which I have used for a while borrowing from a friend and I loved everything about that. But just when I was about to get one, I came to know about the S5. It has not been launced in India yet, probably in June its happening.

I am mainly into street photography, photo journalism and ocassionally nature and landscapes. Till now no wedding photography for me and also I am not sure if I will ever get into that.

So, keeping in mind the situtaion, what you guys suggest? Shall I go for a D200 or wait for sometime and get a S5? There is a price diffrence but that wont really pinch my pocket hard. I intend to buy a DSLR and use it for a really long time.

Cheers,
Indranil

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Classic dilemma : D200 or S5??

G