Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

I just bought a Kodak DCS Pro 14nx...

hedgelux

Luxembourg, LU
183 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
hedgelux Registered since 14th Dec 2005
Tue 05-Jun-07 08:17 PM

Good evening (well, at least here ).

I bought yesterday a used Kodak DCS Pro 14nx from my usual retailer (390 € - roughly 500 USD, with warranty).
External condition: excellent (no mark or sign of use - most probably used in studio for pack-shot).

From what I read here and there, I was quite anxious to see the actual pictures out of this legendary body.
First attempts (outside, good light conditions) gave surprisingly good results with moderate noise in the shadows (easy to solve with a light processing) and occasionally some purple fringing.

I bought it mostly for the camera itself (a collector) also planning to use it for studio / pack-shot work and outside architecture and art exhibits shots.

Is anybody here still using that camera ? I found only a few threads in Nikonians.

Thanks in advance,

Derek (Nikonian in Luxembourg)

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: I just bought a Kodak DCS Pro 14nx...
          Reply message The Kodak (Nikon F5) DCS 760...

G