Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
tourtelot

Seattle, US
74 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
tourtelot Registered since 26th Nov 2004
Mon 03-Dec-07 04:17 PM

I am the new owner of a Fuji S5, the first digital still camera since I owned a Nikon D70 a few years back.

I have access to the whole range of post-production applications; CS3, Capture One, Hyper-Utility HS-V3, Picasa, Lightroom. Here's my problem; I can't seem to find a way to import, raw convert, process, and print even with the plethora of aps that I have. I think it is a case of "overload" but I find that I like bits and pieces of each, better than I like any "whole."

I need to get some rational advice on how to get along with one set of aps and clear the rest of the stuff away so that I can get back to ending up with prints instead of hashing around importing files from this viewing library to that raw convertor, to this post processor, to this printing interface.

Can anyone offer me some advice to get on a good work-flow that I will use often enough to become proficiant and get out of the morass of post-processing overload? Thanks.

Douglas Tourtelot, CAS

Seattle, WA

G