Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Anyone still shooting Fuji S1 Pro?

mikerophone

Bethlehem, US
44 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mikerophone Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Apr 2006
Wed 11-May-11 04:56 PM

I picked up a Fuji S1 Pro about three years ago as a DSLR for my wife to use. While she never really warmed to it (prefers P&S and cell phone), my daughter and I have both been having a blast with this camera. I use either an old Nikon AF 24-120 3.5/5.6 or better still, an old version AF 50 f1.8.

I just find it easy -- and fun -- to pick up and shoot. My daughter uses it to shoot images of her mini sculptures; I use it (with the 50 f1.8) as our "living room camera," shooting the girls or the cats doing something funny or light hitting an everyday object in an interesting way. It sits on a side table, out of it's case, always ready to go.

Granted, 3 megapixels isn't much, it's very slow, and it's based on a N60 body without a whole lot of options (can't use AF-S or manual focus lenses, old flash technology, etc.) But I am amazed at the images coming out of this camera! Colors are rich, noise is relatively well-controlled, files are small.

Does anyone else use one of these on a regular basis?

Mike

Note: This isn't my main shooter -- that's a D200.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

It still amazes me that I can freeze time in a lightproof box with a chunk of glass on the front...

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Anyone still shooting Fuji S1 Pro?

G