Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Réponses Photo and the X100

olivierrychner

Boudry, CH
5265 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005
Wed 25-May-11 12:29 PM

In a post not long ago, I mentioned the reviews of Chasseur d'Images and Réponses Photo of the Fuji X100. KST then answered:

Olivier,

Do you have a link for information on the 'instant décisif' competition? I did manage to download a PDF of the Avril 2011 edition of Réponses Photo, but couldn't find it. Of course that could be because my French is extremely limited.

Réponses has a competition in which the winners take one of 5 X100's and then have two months to take images for an exhibition in Paris in November (to be confirmed). Going to and staying in Paris would then be at the "winners'" expenses, be warned! - more complicated from Oregon or Ushuaïa than from Neuchâtel, Switzerland

Some of you may be interested, so I decided to summarize the basic rules of the competition...

The theme of the competition is "Sur le vif", which translates easily as "instant décisif", Cartier-Bresson's way. Priority will clearly be given to that style of photos over longer focals with tripods. You can take part from any format, but they want prints to look at, so don't send in just a CD. And the worst part is that you have to explain a bit, in written French, about what made you decide to take your image. The number of photos is not limited, but each must have the form below on the back - copies admitted, so I figured it would be all right to post here. Photos must be in by June 10 2011!!!

Lastly, photos will not be sent back, so don't bother for a pre-stamped envelope, and they reserve the right to use the image in the magazine at another later point if it fills a need. Oh, and if you have someone recognizable in your image, a copy of a model release form must be attached!

Good luck, or "trois fois m..de", as we say in French!

Olivier Rychner

Auta i lomë! And my Nikon's only awaiting daylight...

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Réponses Photo and the X100