Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Leica M9 and Fujian x100 what's the deal?

Uscbryan

Irvine, US
291 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Uscbryan Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Jun 2010
Thu 19-May-11 06:12 AM | edited Thu 19-May-11 06:13 AM by Uscbryan

I heard some talk of the x100 and didn't really pay much attention since I didn't know what it was. Well today in the new photo mag they had a review on it. And next to it they had the M9. Being a complete novice I thought they looked like some retro point and shoot that would sell for maybe 200 bucks. SURPRISE SURPRISE! Almost 6k for the M9? I'm a believer in you get what you pay for. So I did a quick google search of the M9 and I see it has a full frame sensor. But there must be more to it to warrant a a price higher than the D3. So I figured I would ask here since you guys always have a way of explaining things in an easy for me to understand way. Does Leica just have a name that demands high prices? I get part of the price is the sensor but there has to be more than that. Is it the compact size? Optics?

I am beginning to see how this is going to be one expensive hobby I got myself into!

Is the retro camera look a new trend or something that has been around a few years? I kind of like the x100 but can't justify it when I am in such a rookie stage of my photography lifespan.

Thank you

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Leica M9 and Fujian x100 what's the deal?

G