Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Rain Cover for small lens, camera, and flash

kaszubpr

Wyoming, US
24 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
kaszubpr Gold Member Charter Member
Sun 22-Sep-02 08:00 PM

I just made CHEAP protection for above. I had to shoot in the rain last weekend so I purchased a 30" kids umbrella and cut off the plastic curved handle. I had a one inch diameter wooden hanger rod. I cut a three inch long piece from it. Went to the hardware store and bought a brass adapter which screwed into the bottom of the wood after I drilled a 5/16" hole. The adapter had a 1/4-20 thread on the inside. I mounted the wood next to my flash (SB-80DX)on my Stroboframe bracket with one of my many spare 1/4-20 mounting screws complete with handle. I then drilled same diameter hole in top as the umbrella rod. Presto - complete rain protection for any straight falling rain. Total cost $4.47!

I got a lot of laughs, but my equipment stayed dry. The umbrella was one with some "Harry Potter" logo so when you open it, the word "Wizardry" is visible - it was the only thing available in a local "Dollar" store.

When I read the post on the long lens protection, I thought I'd pass on my system protection idea.

Paul

G