Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Rain Cover for LARGE lens and Camera

nikonF5man

US
84 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
nikonF5man Registered since 25th Apr 2002
Mon 09-Sep-02 08:11 PM

9/9/2002 Monday Evening 5:00 pm est

Hey Nikonians:

I asked this question a few months ago and got a limited response so I thought that I would give it a try again! I am attempting to find out from some experienced photogs out there that have had experiences with the advertised long rain lens covers. I've seen the Versa Rain cover, I 've seen the LL Rue advertised rain cover, The Laird rain cover (Krik web site?), nothing on Really Right Stuff's site, Unknown brand on the Kinesisgear site.

My question is: which is practical, functional and dependable?

To date I've used the ole' large size plastic garbage bag and thats way too flimsy! I'm trying to cover a F5 with either a TC 1.4x or 2.0x teleconverter as well as the Nikon 400mm 2.8 ED-IF I lens with lens hood.

I have seen some cover that extend over to cover the camera & lens. It has a flip over camera cover and one cover even has a flip over material to keep the photographers head covered. I am not crazy about attaching velcro on the lens hood to keep the cover in place.

Has anyone out there used any of these covers I have mentioned? Are there any that I have not mentioned? Is there a material that I haven't experienced yet? I don't mind shelling out the $65.00 to $85.00 for a lens and camera cover just as long as its worth it and functional. What do ya say any suggestions?

Tony the Steubenville Nikonian

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Rain Cover for LARGE lens and Camera