Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Testing my Panasonic Lumix LX3

olivierrychner

Boudry, CH
5255 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2005
Sat 15-Aug-09 02:02 PM

Hi!

Thanks to Sandy Negron (snegron) for pointing me to that little gem of a compact!

I tried it the other day, mounted on my Manfrotto ModoPocket "pod", it being pinched on a bench, and got this:

Click on image to view larger version

Technically, it was ISO 80, f/8, and 8 seconds, and I used a two-second timer to get my hand off the camera. I know that composition-wise it has many faults (the big light above the statue's shoulder ), but I can vouch for the quality of both the .jpg and the raw file that I developped with Silky Pix. And I like how the camera displays a countdown in a long exposure, and then counts again while the noise reduction engine does its thing.

I only wish that the flash options were a bit more complete, but OTOH I still have to peruse the complete owner's manual, delivered only on CD for reasons unknown (they had it in Italian, German, and some others, but no French or English version so I have to print it out ).

Au final, a great compact!

Olivier Rychner

Auta i lomë! And my Nikon's only awaiting daylight...

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Testing my Panasonic Lumix LX3