Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
karspoul

727 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
karspoul Basic Member
Fri 19-Jul-02 08:40 PM

My local photo shop has four different Rolleis in the price range from 200 to 250 usd. It seems a bargain to me. Although all four of them do have the wear and tear their years merit, they come with a one year warranty and I trust the dealer 100%. But it is his own collection he is parting with and I kind of feel I would be asking him to decide which of his children I should by (sort of) so I do not know which one to choose.

It was very fascinating having such a machine in my hands although the thing about moving to the right when wanting to focus on something on the left was slightly confusing. One really gets down in speed which is never a bad thing I guess.

I have some questions that I hope somebody out there can answer:

1) There are different makes from 2.8 to 3.5. The 2.8 naturally sounds the better option, but is planar the better lens?

2) What else should one look after - what should impact my decision?

3) My first camera was a Minolta 7000 so I have never tried anything but AF - how fast does one get acquainted with manual focus?

4) Is it great fun using such a camera?

5) How is the standard lab processing of 6x6 films - is it much better than 35mm?

Anything else that might help me make me come to a decision is much appreciated. Thks in advance.

Karspoul

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Rolleiflex TLR