Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
charliegreger

ZA
62 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
charliegreger Registered since 26th Feb 2008
Sat 22-Nov-08 06:06 PM

greetings all

i know this is not a canon forum per se' but seeing as i have always had great adice and help here at nikonians i figured to give it a bash...
anyways, my friend is out on holiday and is having troubles with his 300d. he says that the little lcd that tells you how many pics on the memory card, speed, f/stop etc, is not lighting up when the camera is turned on, the same thing when looking through the viewfinder. he has charged the batteries( one original, the other a generic)and has managed to take a few pics so far, but if he leaves the camera turned on while waiting to take another shot, the battery goes flat( not waiting hours between shots either) he has resorted to taking the battery out when the camera is not actually taking a pic, but that is not an ideal way to travel through kruger park....

so i guess that somehow the camera is draining the batteris somehow?? luckily he has a charger for the batteries in the car so he can charge in a dire emergency...

is there anyone out there that has has a similar problem and has figured out a fix...?? is this a minor problem or is it a job for the techies at canon hq??? any help in the matter will be greatly appreciated

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create.

www.darkhorsestudios.co.za

G