Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
justinb

Wichita, US
134 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
justinb Basic Member
Mon 01-Jul-02 05:15 PM

Hi all,
I have been thinking about purchasing a (relatively) inexpensive medium format camera to play around with, especially for those times that I plan on making enlargements up around 16X20. I've done a little research so far, primarily looking at Pentax and Fujifilm 645 models. The Pentax models are a little more expensive but have the luxury of interchangeable lenses - the Fuji rangefinders are considerably more compact and less expensive but with a fixed lens. Unless I am mistaken, the Fuji models do have internal meters, whereas most of the Pentax do not. The used Fuji models are more in line with my price range, but I have not decided whether or not I can live with the single focal length. I was wondering if anybody here has had any experience with, or any information about either of these two systems - quality, reliability, etc. Any information is welcome.
Thanks,
Justin

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: medium format
Reply message Mamiya 645-E