Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

lens characteristics

philgardner

Heysham, UK
47 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
philgardner Registered since 23rd Apr 2002
Sat 08-Jun-02 09:46 PM

Last summer instead of my usual Nikon gear I took a Contax G2 body with 45 and 28mm lenses on holiday with me. I visited Normandy and took many pictures of the beaches and war graves and coastal villages. The results were excellent and in particular beach and sky shots were outstanding. Friends and relatives universally pick out those photographs as their favourites in my albums!

Do you think the Carl Zeiss lenses are particularly suited to these types of photographs? I have never used polarised filters - should I be using them on my Nikon lenses? Why do the Contax G lenses make the sky look so beautiful without filters? Why am I having doubts about Nikon lenses? The Contax lenses are very good value indeed! Do all Carl Zeiss lenses have this characteristic? Would say a Contax RX or AX SLR with Carl Ziess lenses take the same "type" of photograph as the G system?

I would be very interested to hear your views.

Incidentally anyone from the States would have a fantastic holiday in Normandy and a visit to the landing beaches and war cemetaries is something else.

Phil Gardner in England

G