Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Canon EOS 5D + NAI Nikkors

T42

Atlanta, US
301 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
T42 Basic Member
Wed 18-Jul-07 06:17 AM

Hello Forum.

I am wondering if any of you have knowledge of, or experience in, using classic NAI Nikkors on the Canon 5D, a full frame digital SLR, or on any other AF optimized EOS Canon for that matter.

I have ten Nikkors I would like to use on a digital body. I understand that the new Nikon bodies will NOT support and meter through my old NAI glass. I have read that via adapters, EOS cameras will work and meter with those wonderful old Nikkors.

But I wonder about focusing. Most AF cameras' screens are optimized for AF and make manual focusing difficult. I wonder how difficult it is with the 5D. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Henry Fisher
forever a student

“You can’t rely on technology for seeing a picture.” -- William Albert Allard, National Geographic

Henry

A Certified Dinosaur
Nikons F, F2, D700, L35AF, Leica M3, & Kiev 4a

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Canon EOS 5D + NAI Nikkors