Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Contax G2 90 mm focusing problems

Hammam

Montreal, CA
503 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Hammam Basic Member
Fri 31-May-02 01:19 AM

I had a G2 kit a few months ago. I loved it, but I traded it for something I needed more. I never had any trouble with the 90 mm Sonnar autofocus, unlike some users who reported constant errors. I thought the problem was that the lens did not focus at the right distance and that I was lucky not to have it. I just bought another brand new kit, and what do you know, now I have the problem. But it's not that it does not focus right, it just doesn't focus at all. The dots at each end of the scale blink and, of course, I can't release the shutter. I have to try all kinds of different points of focus before it finally does its thing. Is this what is meant by «G2 90 mm Sonnar focus problems»? What causes that? Can it be fixed? Is it under warranty? Thanks.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G