Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Kodak Retina Reflex III Kit

tcerul

Hardy, US
446 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
tcerul Silver Member Charter Member
Sun 27-May-07 11:24 PM

My son came across this kit and sent it to me. Did a quick search and found this camera was produced between 1961-64 in Germany for Kodak. The kit contained a Retina Reflex III camera (serial # 95651)with a 50mm f/2.8 Retina-Zenar lens and a 135mm f/4 Retina tele-zenar lens both made be Schneidar-Kreuznach. Included were two medium yellow filters and a Kodablitz flash with one AG-1 bulb. All were kept in a brown leather case. It was fun cleaning the accumulated dirt and crud from everything and checking it out. Since everything except the exposure counter seemed to work, I put in a roll of color film and shot away. Took the roll to CVS and the pictures turned out great.

Not bad for a 46 year old camera. Has anyone else had a similar experience for this camera?

Tom
From Beautiful Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G