Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

**************O**BOY*************

yo_andrew

marina del rey, US
3204 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
yo_andrew Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Jan 2006
Fri 08-Dec-06 09:17 PM

Yo,

just received part of my Christmas present to myself:

Nikkor-W 300mm, f5.6
Nikkor-W 135mm, f5.6

WOW!

This is some really nice gear! They were both oboy auction wins, from a local area photographer, who welcomed local pickup. Both are in excellent condition, with perfect optics and shutters. They came with original caps and Horseman and Sinar lens boards for under $600/pair. It is my hope that they will be useful for portraits.

Another auction win is expected to arrive shortly:

Nikkor-W 210mm, f5.6

I am looking for the Nikkor-SW 90mm, f4.5 (IN CASE ONE OF YOU SPOTS ONE), to fill my primary range in (roughly) 1.5X increments:

90mm-----135mm-----210mm-----300mm

What are you guys using for macro? With some experience working with the above, I hope to develop a feel for which super-wide angle lens to get later.

I expect to receive shortly (surprised?) a used 4X5 Tachihara Wood Field camera and polaroid 545i back, which I thought would provide good practice while I am getting my arms around large format (never tried it). What film would anyone like to suggest for this back? In 35mm, I regularly use, because I like the look so much, Fuji Velvia and Provia transparency film. And I am still sampling and experimenting with various B&W negative films, several of which I really like; I'm still working up to an understanding of them.

best, andy

"THERE'S MORE TO OPTICS THAN MEETS THE EYE"
Not till we have lost the world do we begin to find ourselves.

"THERE'S MORE TO OPTICS THAN MEETS THE EYE"
Not till we have lost the world do we begin to find ourselves

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: **************O**BOY*************

G