Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
gilpen123

Manila,, PH
442 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
gilpen123 Registered since 03rd Nov 2005
Wed 22-Nov-06 06:57 AM

Hi guys, I have long wanted to get a medium format camera but it's only recently that I happened to get a mint Mamiya RB67 Pro S with a 65 4.5 lens and 120 back at US$ 400. I have tried on several occassions my friend's Mamiya 645 but not really on a regular basis. I choose the RB67 because I can still use a 645 back and I like the frame better than a 645.

I wil start using the RB this weekend and I have some questions; I weighed the RB w/ lens and it's about 4+ pounds and I don't own a real good sturdy ballhead, will I get good results using slik pro 814 CF tripod and manfrotto pistol grip which can handle 8 lbs? I understand the mirror slap of the RB is quite hard and vibrates. I do plan to order the accratech balhead but delivery will probably be long so I want to use what I have as of now. Another question is what woul be the next best lens that I can buy? I only intend to get one at this time, I will shoot landscape, sunset/sunrise and some portrait. I want the sun not to be too small in the frame so maybe a 180 or 250 will be better. Any other useful tips on using this beast will help a lot on my learning curve.

Btw, as of now I can only get the Ektachrome 160 pro, Tri Max 400 and CN400 B&W on a 120 film roll.

Gil

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Mamiya RB 67