Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Teleconverter Wide Angle - POST ADVICE?

briang2ad

11 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
briang2ad Registered since 16th Apr 2002
Tue 16-Apr-02 10:46 PM

I took a trip to San Fran recently. I have not done any serious photography in years (about 15). But, I have an FM 2 which I never bought a wide angle lens for. As I was walking through China Town, I stopped to look at cameras, just for the heck of it...

I did something I never do. I will be in Scotland soon, and want to take photos, I know that wide angles are very useful, A saleman showed me a Titanium Optics .38X Wide Angle (converter). It looked great in the shop, and demo'd great with a new Nikon, and a video camcorder. (I use an FM2).

It does work on my 8mm Camcorder - loses a little on the left side...

When I got home, I noticed it is always MACRO. To take architectural shots you need to stop down, and set focus to infinity. I am waiting to develop the photos.

I paid $200 - did I get "taken"? (I new a good/used Nikkor WA would cost several hundred).

Is E-bay a decent place to get a Nikkor WA???

Can I use an AF on my old FM 2???

What is good? It seems Nikon has two or more lines. Is the new D series like the old E series (cheap)?

What does a 22mm or 24mm cost on E-bay usually(Nikkor)?

Brian

G