Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

which medium format ,AF digital system?

brooksfarm pa

Philadelphia vicinity, US
583 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
brooksfarm pa Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Apr 2002
Tue 17-Oct-06 01:09 PM

I'm weighing the possibility of adding a digital medium format system to my D200, D70s, and F100. It is a major step (financially and aesthetically) and I expect to move slowly and carefully on this, and possibly not to move on it at all.

I've read about Hasselblad, Mamiya, and Rollei, and I had the opportunity to accompany another photographer on a photo shoot where a digital Hassy was the main camera with an S3 Pro as backup.

Checking B&H prices, the Rollei is the least expensive of the three by thousands of dollars, and the Hassy is the most expensive.

Is the Hassy so much better? Is the Rollei worth investing in? What do you think of the Mamiya?

If I do this, I'll start with camera, digital back. and 80mm lens. (I'm not looking to shoot film with this system.)Camera must be autofocus since my vision is not sufficiently sharp for manual; in addition, I think I'll need to add a second tripod and Markins head to accommodate extra weight.

Your input on this is most appreciated.

Thanks,
Dennis

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G