Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Help with Vivitar lens (follow up to previous post)

RoyWoo

Hongkong, CN
187 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
RoyWoo Registered since 14th Feb 2002
Sun 24-Mar-02 02:56 PM

Hello again!

Tested out the lenses given to me by my father (the 100-500mm zoom and 19mm prime). I toke them to the country side, shot some landscapes with the wide angle and wetland birds with the tele. Noticed some problems with the wide angle. Need input to figure out what was wrong (sorry, I'll try get samples scanned asap):

For pictures taken (~6 samples, distant landscapes taken @ F8) with the wide angle, the right most 1/6 of each photo, appear to suffer from severe softness (regardless of object's distance from camera). Sharpness elsewhere was fine and glass looks clean. I am not sure what caused these problems and it looks like my only option is to get Vivitar to examine and fix it. Please help, any inputs are welcomed.

As for the tele, it worked like a dream. I now have the gear to help me start shooting wildlife.

Thanks.

Roy

G