Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Investing in a DSLR sytem

pahrens

Lyndoch, AU
12 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pahrens Registered since 19th Dec 2005
Tue 20-Dec-05 10:56 AM

I had the chance to use a 5D and must say that I was quite disapointed with the build quaility, I was expecting someting much more solid. I have heard that Nikons camera are much sturdier. I really like the fact Nikon have chosen the DX size sensor and stuck to it, it really annoys me when a Company cannot pick a standard and stick with it. Canon have been disapointing me in this area they seem much more consumer driven intent on giving customers what sells not what works. It has been very hard for me to decide on a camera system to invest my money in, I love the Nikon system but also intend on getting a Canon XL2, I dont want to buy a seperate set of lenses for each camera. Maybe someone here could convince me that Sony make a better video camera in this range. Something I have always worked on is the more expensive something is generally the better it is to, but seeing Canons cameras are considerably higher priced than Nikons it makes me wonder if this is just a premium for the brand name and 35mm sensor(Which I am a curios that this is even an advantage). Any thoughts on this could you please post, I am tremendously picky when choosing a product and this has been playing on my mind for a very long time. Thanks.

G