Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Vivitar 2000 Flash Help

Brian Schmidt

Napoleon, US
153 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
Brian Schmidt Basic Member
Sun 10-Feb-02 05:16 PM

I have a Vivitar 2000 flash that I picked up months ago, but I'm still struggling with how to use it. The flash has a three mode selector switch, Automatic f/5.6, Manual, and Automatic f/2.8. If I were to use it on my EM or FM-10, what modes should I use? I understand the concept with one problem, how do I know what shutter speed to use? I've been told to set it to the camera's max synch speed, but if every camera has a different speed, how are proper exposures ensured with different cameras? On my FM-10 the synch speed is 1/125 and on my EM is 1/90. Won't that result in a brigher (and possibly overexposed) image with the EM? Thanks for all the help, guys!

Brian Schmidt
KC8UYI
Napoleon, Ohio
railohio@hotmail.com

G