Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Which lightbox for viewing slides?

HossCarver

Lake Hubert, US
29 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
HossCarver Silver Member Charter Member
Sun 15-Apr-01 04:59 PM

Hi All,

I'm in the market for a lightbox for viewing slides with my loupe. I want something that's not too large, maybe 8 x 12 inches or so, that has a 5000K light and can be plugged into AC power either directly or through an AC adapter. I'm willing to pay up to $200 but would rather stay under $100.

I also want a box that has good brightness across the whole viewing surface. One of the "slim" type panels I saw at a local photo shop was much dimmer at the center than the edges (and not all that bright at the edges, either). Not a good thing for my use.

I've looked at B&H's web site and found there are a LOT of brands and models on the market.

If you have a lightbox you like, please let me know which one and why you like it.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Chuck

Photographing Arizona in winter, Minnesota in summer and in-between twice a year

Photographing Arizona in winter, Minnesota in summer and in-between twice a year

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Which lightbox for viewing slides?

G