Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Wista or Large Format Decision Help Needed

1LuckyLdy

Los Angeles, US
6 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
1LuckyLdy Registered since 11th Sep 2002
Mon 08-Nov-04 05:39 AM

Hi:
Background: I got my first SLR back in 1975, and am an amateur going Pro. My passion is photographing the outdoors. I intend to specialize in nature and landscape photography. And am your basic car-camper. I also am going to do portrait photography of children and, perhaps, pets.

My current equipment is an old Nikon FM, and last year I got a used Nikon N90s plus in 2001 a new Nikon 28-105 lens.
I inherited a small amount of money and plan on investing around $25,000 in equipment. So far, I just bought new: Minolta Auto Meter Vf, Nikon VR 80-400 F4.5-5.6 D ED lens, and Nikon Speedlight SB-800. I am on the waiting list for the new Nikon D2X.
At other forums, I will post my questions for the printer and scanner.

I was thinking about the Toyo large format camera. I went to Freestyle Photographic Supplies in Hollywood, CA. They suggested the Wista 45 DX kit. The kit is: Wista 45DX Camera with Rodenstock 210 f/5.6 APO Sironar N lens and Wista #1 lensboard. The price is $2,550.
Here is the website http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_search.php showing the kit.

So, the big question! Is this a good systems to buy? Or is there a better one for the money I intend to spend?

Thanks in advance to any and all help.

Be safe,
Pamela Parker

Be safe,
Pamela Parker

G