Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Exakta / Carl Zeiss Olympia Sonnar / Nikkor

Paul_Fisher

Perth, AU
12794 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Paul_Fisher Silver Member Awarded for his multiple article contributions Charter Member
Tue 23-Jul-02 12:19 PM

Being a recent entrant to the fascinating world of Exaktas (which have an even more interesting history than Nikon) I am interested in combining the two marques.

I have seen a Nikkor 135/4 rangefinder lens in Exakta mount, advertised on Ebay and elsewhere. Apparently the numbers produced were very small. I'm tempted to buy one, but the prices are either outside my range (KenMar and Pacific Rim), or the quality looks a bit suspect (Ebay). Does anybody have any details or information on this lens?

Secondly, I have a Zeiss 180/2.8 Olympia Sonnar. This lens is made in two parts - the entire rear part of the lens which comprises the camera mount and tripod collar is removable. I know that these can be had in Exakta, Contax, M42 and various other mounts, but I've never seen mention of a Nikon mount. Does anybody know if such an animal was ever produced? I'd love to be able to use this lens on my Nikons.

Thanks for any information

Paul Fisher
Visit my homepage
Photography, engineering, musical instruments, family history & genealogy
Some of my photographs

Paul Fisher
Nikonian in Perth, Western Australia
My home page

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G